Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Back to Business

Haven't been to the Belmar figure drawing group since August, mostly because it hasn't been meeting for most of that time. While we sought a new coordinator, it was shut down for all of September, and I had to miss the one October meeting. But the word was that it was on for tonight, so I got there by 7:00 with my easel, paper, charcoal, and musical selections for the evening. The group wanted to just have one pose for the whole session. I prefer shorter poses, since after a certain point you can't do anything more with a charcoal drawing. My solution was to just move my position and draw the model from different parts of the room. My best drawing of the night was the 45 minute one above. Not great, but the model liked it, and it's all about practice anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home