Monday, May 05, 2014

Bd James Strepar part 2



Over the past week I had given a lot of thought to the Bd James print, but hadn't had time to do anything with the block.  But this past weekend my commitment to the Belmar train show and related activities ended, and with a crit scheduled for tonight, I figured I should get back to work.  I decided that the idea of a map and compass was still my starting point.  Tried to think of other symbols of outdoors and hiking that I could add.  I tried several compositions that would allow me to put hiking boots in the image, but they all ended up too illogical or too crowded.  For tonight's version, I did throw in my lock blade pocket knife, which has gotten a lot of use in the woods.  The beer is because Lisa, one of our regulars gave me the instruction to have a beer for her in her absence.

I drove up to the Studio by around 4 pm, wanting to get there before the dance kids showed up, and their parents' cars filled the lot.  Plus, it would be nice to get to actually use my Studio to make art.  My big book of historical maps actually included one of Galicia, so I had that to work with.  A few of our regulars who hadn't been around the past few months arrived early, so they just hung out in the Cafeteria while I went to the print shop to rapidly sketch my idea.  Below is what I got done.


This is just a rough idea, so I may end up redrawing all of it.  But for now, its a starting point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home