Tuesday, November 28, 2017

New Cards


A few days ago I got an e-mail from Pat, the person who had invited me to be part of the activist show in Spring Lake.  It mentioned that postcards had been printed up and would be available for all artists beginning on Tuesday, to be picked up at the show location.  I spent much of the day at home getting my heat repaired before the winter truly gets here, but that was done by the afternoon.  So I decided to go retrieve my cards.  Went in the main doors on the theater side of the building.  Saw no one around, or at the information desk outside the theater.  However on that desk I noticed an open box of the type that usually carries envelopes (I've worked a lot of jobs that involve mailings) and in the front of the stack of envelopes was one with the name of the first person on our list of artists.  Flipping through them I found the second envelope had my name on it (the alphabet often works in my favor) and snagged it.  Still no one around, and no list of names to check off, but it was clearly my set of cards, so I took it and headed home.  The front and back can be seen in the photo below.



Still don't know much about the original version of this show, and how many people were in it.  The press release I found online listed 15 artists, and this card has 21.  It now seems to be called "artists/ACTIVISTS" and I can assume from the card front the show will run until near the end of March.  As I said before, the reception will be this coming Sunday from 10 am to noon.  I am told that some typical brunch food will be served, so no need to worry about not having time for donuts that morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home