Saturday, February 15, 2020

Vesuvio part 3


I got up to the Studio in late morning for two reasons.  First was reconnaissance.  Got an e-mail from my deer print patron telling me she couldn't meet on Saturday, but asked about Sunday or Monday.  No problem for me, but perhaps problem for the building, with a federal holiday this week and a new alarm system expected, so I replied with this information and hoped to find out more today. When I got there, Nichole was in, so I asked her.  As I suspected, the place will be in holiday mode the next few days, a few hours open and not much else, so Tuesday it is.  That settled, I went downstairs to my space to do a little work.

Before I worry any more about the room furniture, I wanted to rough in a few more figures, so last night I went to my photo source and copied a few more into a sketchbook. Figures that might be a possibility in my composition.  Today I had my Vesuvio block with me and the sketchbook, and went about filling some gaps.  No Molly meant that I was free to listen to music and I chose my Homicide Life on the Street Soundtrack.  One might wonder how a tv show that had some loyal fans but perpetually low ratings ever got a soundtrack album, and the answer is it didn't- I made it myself back in the days when you could easily buy and record blank cd's. I had mentioned how the inclusion of a song by the Iguanas in an episode caused the network switchboard to be swamped with calls asking what the song was.  People took notice, and that kind of information started getting published to the web and other places, such as a book I have about the series, which even includes a chapter on the song choices, with an episode by episode breakdown. I had acquired the Iguanas album to get that song, but a lot of them were already on my shelf, just things I had always liked- jazz, blues, classic rock, contemporary (to the era of the show), etc.  Turned out I had 14 songs that came from that list, about an hour's worth.  Which is about as much time as I needed for today's task.  So while that played, I roughed in 3 more figures, bringing the total to 8 in the restaurant.  All the figures, and the spaces around them, still need more work, but I think I have enough of them now.


Back home I sent word to my patron that Tuesday would be the best day to meet and exchange print for money.  The rest of the day I could relax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home