Monday, January 24, 2022

Classes and Exhibition coming to Ocean Grove

 


Last night I got an email from Nichole with news and specifics about some upcoming events at the Jersey Shore Arts Center.  Things I knew about before, but now I know a bit more.

One email was regarding classes, this time including a form to be filled out.  My computer didn't seem to do it, so I printed out a copy and filled it out the old fashioned way-with a pen.  Nothing here I didn't know but all in one place now. Five classes are being offered in this go round, with two from me.  I am scheduled to be teaching Basic Drawing and Beginner Acrylic, on Saturdays, starting April 2nd.  My plan is to go in tomorrow, and drop off my form, and give them a copy of my vaccination card.  Whether either or both of these classes actually run is anybody's guess.  The first time classes were offered, I had drawing (the above photo is from one of those classes in the room I should have this time) and woodcut, which I did twice that summer for each.  I also did a pop-in drawing thing in the 3rd floor cafe that late fall and winter, but we didn't get a single person until the last of four nights, so I didn't make much money for that.  Of course we got shut down for Covid, and then when we started up again, twice I offered classes and no one registered.  Could be fear of the pandemic, or improper promotion- we don't know.  This time we have a new item, acrylics, so that may make a difference.  And we are starting sooner with announcing it.  On the other hand, there is no plan as of now to promote things through newspaper ads, only through social media and other free locations.  I plan to go in tomorrow to ask some questions, and when I know more, I will announce it here.

We also got information about an upcoming exhibition that I will be a part of, with some information due this week.  I'll save details on that until tomorrow, when I should know a little more.  What I can say now is that I expect to put in three framed works (one completely new to exhibiting) and that the show has an opening reception now, scheduled for Friday, February 18th, and will run through the end of April.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home