Sunday, July 01, 2007

Front Page Woodcuts




I'd like to welcome all first time visitors to this blog, those who found there way here after reading Bobbi Seidel's feature article about me and my work in today's Asbury Park Press. As you can see, it's a fairly long article, and the print version comes with some nice photos from staff photographer Bob Bielk. Click on the photos to enlarge and you'll be able to read the full text.

For those who want to know more about the Studio and the blog, I suggest you check out the Welcome link to the right. If you'd like to learn more about the block (St Thecla of Iconium from the Everyman series) I'm shown cutting in the front page photos, all the steps from first sketch to finished block are available by looking in the May 2007 archives and the final version can be seen here.

Feel free to look back through past postings to see other complete work, as well as progress on my current piece, A History of Art. And come back often to see new work, and to learn about exhibitions and other news. Visitors are always welcome at the Studio in Ocean Grove, but with my irregular schedule, I suggest that you make arrangements first using the e-mail link at the right.

Thanks again to Bobbi Seidel for seeking me out and writing the article and to Bob Bielk for the photos, to Patricia Colrick and Molly Johnson for providing comments, and to the Jersey Shore Arts Center for providing such a nice home for Studio Arrabbiata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home