Monday, February 18, 2008

Running between the raindrops

I was speaking with Gallery Director Matt from the Printmaking Council the other day, and he mentioned that he was finally going to Brookdale to pick up the Process Exposed show that I helped curate. He offered to do me a favor and bring the framed copy of my Employee print down with him- it's not needed for the travelling version of the show it was in, and having it back now would save me from framing a second copy for my March show. And by meeting him at Brookdale, I could save a trip all the way up to Somerville. And since I was off work for President's Day, I was available for the early afternoon meeting. The one wrinkle was the weather- possible rain was predicted and I wouldn't want the piece to get wet moving in and out of cars. But the morning rain cleared early, so he called me to let me know he'd be bringing it. I met him on time and picked up the piece in question, as well as another piece of mine he had up there.

Got home, the sky starting to brighten. With the weather unseasonably warm, I decided to give my white painted objects (props for value drawing exercises) an once over with spray paint, since they were a little knicked around the edges. As I finished spraying the last item the sky darkened quickly. And they were dry enough to handle and bring in the house just as the first raindrops fell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home