Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Bite Sized Prints



About a month back I received an e-mail from the Belmar Arts Council, inviting me to be one of a group of "selected artists" to donate an artwork to an upcoming fundraiser. (in other words, my work is generally good and I've been known to donate things from time to time) The event is something called, "A Journey Through Wine Country", an evening of music, wine tasting, and hors d'oeuvres at a private home in Belmar. There will be a silent art auction as well, with the proceeds will be split with the artists, so there would be a little something in it for me.

In the past when I've donated works to fundraisers it's generally been leftovers from an old edition or other small works. This time around I decided to do something different. Last time I was printing, I took a few minutes to pull two additional prints. I chose small pieces of two of my recent boardwalk prints, inked them up, cropped them with masking tape, and printed them onto small pieces of the okawara. I set them aside while I concentrated on getting the arcade prints colored in time for the Belmar Stories show at the Boatworks, which opens this coming Saturday. Last week, while coloring the 3rd copy of the arcade print, I also spent a few minutes putting color on the small excerpt I had printed- the skeeball area. (Isolated from the rest of the overall composition, I decided to change a few colors from the original.) Today I spent a couple of hours in the Studio, finishing the skeeball fragment and then coloring the other fragment- a piece from the wheel game print. Sometime in the next few days I'll choose one to put into a frame (I have a few small inexpensive frames on hand for this purpose) and drop it off in a few weeks. The one that doesn't get used this time will likely end up a donation at another time.

As far as I know, tickets are still available for the wine tasting event on August 22, from 6 to 9 pm. More information is available from the Belmar Arts Council website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home