Monday, May 03, 2010

May Critique Night


We had a good crowd in the Studio tonight for the monthly critique night, half regular participants, half students there from classes that Molly and I teach. Seven artists showed work. The above photo features (clockwise, from top) Adam's modified cardboard box piece, my current boardwalk color proof, Mary's etching, Tim's abstract painting, and a painting from Jill. Another of Jill's paintings is shown below. (one of the students also put up some work to be discussed, after these photos were taken)


We also took a little time to walk down the hall to see a project Molly is working on. This is a collaboration with a choreographer (who joined us tonight for the discussion), a piece that will be part of the stage decoration and the performance. The fabric piece (seen below) is still in an early state, but people were excited by the possibilities.


In addition to showing the boardwalk proof, for which I got some interesting suggestions as far as color choices, I showed before and after color photocopies of the postcard I worked on last week. My solution got a positive response from the group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home