Saturday, July 17, 2010

Smoking Figure part 3

I still have a few things to deal with in the figure part of this new block, but for today I decided to give some thought to the background. She's leaning against a building during her smoke break, on the street side where she can be seen by those passing by. It's a close up of the figure, so any architectural detail will also be close up. With that in mind, I did a bit of walking around today, main streets in various towns, doing little thumbnail sketches and notes when I saw some possibilities. Later at the Studio, I expanded some of these into full sketches. Since I have no particular deadline for this piece right now, I don't have to rush this. I'll probably keep my eyes open whenever I'm in commercial areas over the next week or so, and I would expect that whatever I come up with may combine aspects of more than one building from my wanderings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home