Friday, November 26, 2010

A Little of This, A Little of That


It's been way too long since I spent any real time in the Studio, a result of being between print projects and the work that goes into teaching my 5 classes this semester. And today when I did finally get to spend a few hours there, I couldn't completely escape my professor job, devoting some time to printing some late student work- woodcuts and collagraphs. Most of the students printed theirs in class, but I don't want to have to bring the printing materials week after week, not to mention that helping students with whatever we're working on in given week doesn't leave me much time to get these done during the class.

With that done, I moved onto the next task of the day, also school related, and involving the book above, featuring the art of Hieronymus Bosch. Exactly what that's about will have to wait until another time, assuming that it is completed as expected.

And then I finally did some work toward some art of my own. At this point I'm leaning toward moving on to another boardwalk print as the next major project, and that is likely to be the locker/shower room scene. It's one of the original ideas (one with significant ties to the original ukiyo-e prints), the general composition has been worked out for a long time, and I've been sitting on the various figure sketches for almost a year now. Didn't do any actual drawing today, but just started cataloging all the figures that may populate the scene, scattered in multiple sketchbooks. Within the next few weeks I hope to finalize the layout of the interior and the location of all the characters. Once that's settled I'll get some photos up here on the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home