Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Face to Face


A long day today, getting up early for the first school day of the semester, then driving back down the shore so I could eventually be ready to run the figure group in Belmar tonight. (the usual organizer had another commitment tonight) The model had already been scheduled (the same one who was in the Studio this past Monday), so all I needed to do was open up the building, set up the room, and put on some cool blues music for our drawing soundtrack. (our model had requested some Howlin' Wolf, so we started off with that) My focus at these sessions is usually portraits, because its still an area where I feel I need a lot of work. For example, the two drawings here are of the same woman, but the faces as drawn are quite different. (the top one is probably the closer of the two to the original subject, but still not really right, especially the cheek and jaw lines)

This has a short term practical application. The figures in the recently started boardwalk print are small and the faces not very detailed, however this is also the model who posed for the smoking piece. I still need to make some important corrections to the face of the smoker, so tonight's session was more about continuing my effort to learn what I need to do that properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home