Saturday, April 02, 2011

Boardwalk Showers part 28

During the week I stopped by the Studio for a little while to look at the 2nd proof of the showers print. I still believe that it was an improvement over the first version of the print, but after about 20 minutes I decided that there were a few things that I could improve on the block.

It's now been a week since I pulled that 2nd proof, and the ink on the block was dry enough to make it possible to do a little more cutting without making a big mess of myself. Today's trims are more subtle than last time, most of them to the showering figure in the center of the right panel, and a little to the standing figures in front of her (see the detail at the left). Also spent some time cleaning up bits of the block that had picked up some accidental ink last time, making them less likely to do the same this time. After that, I inked it and pulled a proof (shown below). The overall effect isn't too different from the last one, but these improvements may be noticed by anyone looking closely at the details, and viewers who are drawn to my work tend to like to search it for the details.


In a side note, the VCU Rams lost their game with Butler this evening, ending their improbable run through the NCAA Tournament. I'm a little disappointed to see the art school gone from the competition, but the resulting pairing of Butler (midwestern mid-major) and U Conn (Big East perennial contender) should provide a very entertaining game on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home