Thursday, August 04, 2011

So Where Is Everybody?



After talking to some people at the BAC last week about putting together a woodcut class for the fall, it was suggested that I do an art presentation at this month's member meeting. Usually they like to have these close to the scheduled class to build interest, but the meeting tonight is the last one I can make for a while. Today was a typically busy day, but I managed to get up to the Studio in the early evening with enough time to quickly cut off those textures I was experimenting with by the face, gather all my demonstration cutting and printing stuff, and get down to Belmar just in time for the 7:00 pm meeting. I brought along the current block, and everyone was suitably impressed, with the size, the drawing, and the level of detail in some of the carved areas. (that rose arm tattoo has gotten a lot of positive comments over the last week) I answered the occasional question. So a good night, right? Not so much. The two other people in the photos with me and the person holding the camera were the only people there, making it the least attended BAC meeting that I've ever been a part of. And two of the three people have been in my Studio before, so it's not like they weren't already familiar with the process. The only reason that I did the cutting shown above is that there have been requests for photos of me at work on a block to promote some fall events. So tonight's event didn't do much to promote my potential class among the members of the BAC, but at least I got the requested photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home