Saturday, July 30, 2011

Smoking Figure part 27

Got to the Studio a little later than I might have expected, but I still got in a few hours of work. First I pulled a small proof, part of a side project to be discussed later. Then I got out the current block to cut. I discovered that I had left my sketchbook at home, which contains some full page photos of an early state of the block drawing. With all the adjustments I've made to the ink drawing, it can be helpful to see the original drawing to determine what some of the marks on the block might have been. So without that reference, I just cut out a big section that I was relatively sure of, the big patch of white on the left side leg and an area near the top of the skirt. Next time I'll have my sketchbook with me and maybe finish off the rest of the figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home