Saturday, July 16, 2011

Smoking Figure part 21


This morning I was walking around town and took advantage of my location to study more bricks. The building that most inspired my background has relatively clean neat brick in front, but the back side bricks are pretty old- cracked, missing chips, occasionally misaligned, things I may add to my brick wall. Thought about that when I got to the Studio today, but erasing all that ink will be a pain, so I'll just deal with that as I'm cutting each brick. So instead I thought about tattoos. Although some who attend our critique seemed horrified by the thought, I have always intended to give the figure at least one tattoo- nothing as elaborate as my original model, but enough to make it clear that this is a contemporary image. I'm thinking something relatively commonplace, so today I did a few pencil sketches of flower images on her upper arm, as in the photos above and below. Just some ideas I'm playing around with.


Another idea I'm considering is a wrist tattoo. (actually a recent suggestion from the model, though she doesn't have one there herself) For this one I'm thinking a few Chinese characters, something that you see here and there. Again, this is just some sketching- if I decided to go with this it will be completely redrawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home