Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Change of Plans

Had a lot of plans today, many of them art related, but things didn't quite work out as expected. After some local errands, I was planning to head up to the Studio for a little while to continue with the smoking block, then down to Belmar to meet up with others to add more 3D elements to the mud mural. Figured I'd hang around there during dinner and be ready for figure drawing in the evening.

Well, got to the post office and supermarket, took advantage of an early crop of peppers in the backyard garden to make some tasty jambalaya for lunch (and a few meals to come), and even made a sandwich to bring for dinner, but I was running late, so I scratched the Studio visit from the list. Then as I was packing the car to head to Belmar, a massive thunderstorm rolled in, and the idea of working on an outdoor project seemed a bad idea. (the storm was even worse up in that area, so we made the right call to postpone a few days) But eventually the storm passed, the floods drained away, and I at least got to get in some evening drawing. Even that almost fell through, as the scheduled model called out just a few hours before the session, but our leader was able to get a last minute substitute, one who was new to me but had worked at the BAC in the past. I did two longer drawings and one short one. The model liked all three, but was most excited by the 30 minute drawing above, so that's the one I posted tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home