Monday, June 27, 2011

Smoking Figure part 16

Days that I'm not working one of my paying jobs come with a long list of things that I need to do, and today was no exception. Of course, this blog isn't about that stuff. I did squeeze a short visit to the Studio into today's schedule. Working on the window in the background this time. I'm planning to keep the same words, but change the size, location, and style. The BR that had been there was in the start of an arcing pattern, not uncommon for words in a front window, but it didn't quite work with the wall perspective. I thought I'd try it in a straight line, and as long as I was doing it, go with a more simple, modern font. I chose a letter style from an old book I have- photos of interesting store signs, mostly from the 1950's. It didn't work out as well as I had hoped. I decided to keep the letters big (the larger the letters, the less window transparency/reflection I have to deal with), but that leaves room for only two again. I don't think that shows enough to understand that they are diminishing with perspective; instead it just looks like I made them different sizes or didn't line them up properly. It doesn't look any better in the mirror. Next time I will make them a little smaller (giving me a 3rd or possibly even 4th letter in both lines of text) and maybe a different font. I would have tried it today, but I had to take care of a few more tasks before one more art related thing- a committee meeting for planning an big upcoming juried exhibition in Belmar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home