Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Boardwalk Showers part 39

Part of my wanderings around this part of the county today took me to the Studio. I took the 3rd proof of the shower print off the wall, got out my watercolors, and colored the large bank of lockers. As shown above, when coloring something near the top of the panel, I tend to rotate the print 180 degrees, so I am less likely to mess up other parts of the image as I reach over them. One other little bit today- adding the colors to the logo on the poster on the wall- and I'm declaring the background done. (it looks pretty much like this state of the 2nd proof) Towels, bathing suits, etc, can wait until after the next critique.

Before leaving, I spent a while giving some thought to my smoking image, since I plan to make that the next project to finish. Didn't touch the block, just looked at some old sketches of possible backgrounds, as I'm not really satisfied with what I have on there at the moment. I may try to make some changes with that before next week's crit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home