Monday, June 06, 2011

Boardwalk Showers part 38

A few weeks ago I attempted to go to a newish critique group that has started in Asbury, just a few blocks from the Studio. I found the place open, but no critique. I was told that likely few or no people confirmed that they would attend, so it didn't happen. (I wasn't sure that I'd make it, so I hadn't contacted the organizer) Today would be the normal meeting day for the critique that Molly and I host, but Molly asked that we postpone it for a week and everyone we contacted was agreeable. This coming Thursday was the scheduled day for the critique group that meets in Belmar, but the most recent weekly newsletter said that the meeting was cancelled. Who would have thought that it would be so difficult to get a few people to look at some current art? I've been holding off on working on some projects, hoping to get some reactions to updates on some current pieces, but when I have a few hours available I like to bet back to work again.

So today I put in some more coloring time on the 3rd proof of the boardwalk shower scene. Last time I saw it, I had colored all the figures but nothing else. Today the goal was to get as much of the background done as possible. I arrived in late afternoon and stayed a few hours. By the time I was done, I had finished the walls, floor, shower stalls and curtains, bench, and trash can, leaving only the lockers left to finish later this week. And I'm leaving the towels and other accessories for next week, after I hear some opinions on how I colored them for the 2nd proof. I like the choices made there, but if anyone feels differently I give them an opportunity to make their case.

Shortly before leaving, I heard a few people coming down the hall- one of our regulars who didn't get the word about the change of date for the critique, and a friend or hers. Luckily I was there to explain things, and the pair live just a few blocks away in Ocean Grove, and didn't travel a far distance for nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home