Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Prints in Somerset County

Over the next month or so I am going to have several of my prints on display in various venues in the Somerville area. Coming up first is the Arts on Division festival, on Division Street in Somerville. The show will occupy two buildings and contain a variety of art from around 40 New Jersey artists, many with connections to the area. In my case it's because PCNJ is one of the organizers and I will be representing the medium of woodcut. I will have 5 framed pieces on the wall of my space (which is at 15 Division Street, which I'm told is also known as the Berger building) and a few more in bins. The festival opens this Friday, May 13th, with a reception from 5 to 9 pm. At various times during the festival there will be artistic, theatrical and musical performances and demonstrations in the neighborhood, including a visit from our friends Drive By Press on Saturday, May 14th. The art festival will run through Saturday, May 21, 2011. Details regarding hours, performances, and special events can be found here.

Then in early June, I will be part of the 36th Annual Juried Members Exhibition at PCNJ in nearby North Branch Station. I will be exhibiting the hand colored woodcut shown above, The Floating World: After Sunset. The show opens with a reception on Saturday June 11, 2011 from 1 to 4 pm and remains on display through August 20, 2011 during regular gallery hours. The whole show will later travel to New Jersey City University in September, but I'll post those details later as I learn them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home