Sunday, May 01, 2011

Boardwalk Showers part 33

Had a window of a few hours to get into the Studio this afternoon, so I got up there and went back to work on the shower print. I added a bit of ultramarine in some predetermined spots, but most of the time was spent mixing two colors, both starting with cobalt blue teal and white. To one pile I added a warm color, which pushed it toward green- this color was put into the shower stalls seen in the right panel. I liked it, but I didn't think it would work in a large area like the lockers. To more of the teal and white I added indigo, and a little orange to neutralize it. I tried it out on the side of the bank of lockers. I think it will work. However, I had to call time on the session, because Molly (who had arrived about an hour earlier to do some cleaning) had a large group coming in as part of a class and I figured I'd be better off leaving. So I cleaned up, packed up, and got on my way. I don't think that I'll have time to do any more with this before the critique, but there are enough changes to make it worth showing the group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home