Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Very Long Day


Today was a pretty long and tiring day. Got up very early so that before leaving for work I'd have time to pack my car full of art. The back story here is that I have been asked to represent the world of woodcut in a big art fair coming up in Somerville next month, partly organized by the PCNJ. Over the past few weeks I have put together a list of framed works and packaged a few saints for the bins. Yesterday, I even picked up some small framed watercolors in nearby Long Branch, to transport them to the show for someone who can't do it himself. This morning all that art was packed in my vehicle while I was teaching at my university. After ending the class and cleaning up, I had a quick lunch and hit the road. I drove to the Printmaking Center, where I dropped off all the art (see above) and checked out the current show in the gallery.

I got home late in the afternoon, about 150 miles past where I started. After just enough time for a quick meal, I was back on the road and on my way to Belmar, for the figure drawing group. For various reasons I missed the last few sessions, so I was a little rusty. The drawing below is the better of the two I did tonight, but still not a very good drawing, so that's why I need the practice.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home