Monday, April 25, 2011

Playing Around


Haven't had time to get much art work done of late- holidays, school work, exhibition related tasks...it all adds up. Yesterday it was school work. I'm reaching the point in the semester where it's time to talk about the Board Game project. I finished coloring the board itself months ago, but I had always planned to make some character game tokens to be used by players. I chose 4 figures from Bosch paintings (not the ones the board images came from), sketched them on folded pieces of scrap card stock, glued them and then trimmed them to the shapes of the bodies and accessories. A little watercolor took care of the rest. Each comes with its own stand, and they do stand as long as the board is on a level surface. Meanwhile, I took advantage of the unusually nice weather to take my board outside and go over it with some spray clear acrylic, to give my carefully painted surface a little protection.

Took all of it to school this morning. My fellow faculty were more excited by my creation than the students were, but I think having the physical example to show them helped the class understand the whole concept of the project. Today at most they got as far as some rough compositional sketches, but a few of proposed game boards look like they could be interesting when finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home