Thursday, April 28, 2011

Boardwalk Showers part 32


It's been two weeks since the last time I was able to work on my shower room print. I thought about it quite a bit during that time. I can't say that I have it all worked out now, but at this point the only way to figure out how to finish it is to start coloring. I filled in the floor and most of the wall tiles, a combination of straight indigo and a neutral ochre I mixed up. The trash can in the left panel is a color mixed from the other two. Still a long way to go, but I think it does a better job of providing that dim atmosphere that others have mentioned. Below is a side by side comparison of the second and first proof of the print.

I don't know that I'll finish this in time for the next critique. I have a plan in mind for the shower stalls and lockers, and some of the towels, but the rest is still up in the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home