Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Smoking Figure part 20


Had a 2 part agenda for art today. First, in the early afternoon go up to the Studio to continue work on the current block. Spent about an hour there, adding ink washes to the window area, darkening some shapes and clarifying the divisions of value in that part of the block. The version shown above is probably about as far as I can go with india ink on that window. The trick will be interpreting this with the cutting process. The whole block as it stands today can be seen below.

Getting close to the end. I'm still considering giving her a tattoo, and I may sketch in details in the bricks to give them a little more individual character. With luck, I'll be able to start cutting sometime next week.

The second part of my plan today was to stop in Belmar on the way home and add a bit to the mud mural we have going there, but Kat called me while I was still inking to tell me she had to postpone her participation, so I decided to also skip it for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home