Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Smoking Figure part 23

I got up to the Studio relatively early today in an effort to beat the expected heat. Once again Molly was already there, printing part of a massive t-shirt commission. My original thinking was that I might start cutting today, but I decided to take care of some other things first. I figured it would be good to go ahead and remove all the masking tape that I had used to make changes to contour lines all throughout the figure. I peeled each piece carefully, using a marker to redraw the lines under the tape. Luckily, no splinters came up with the tape. Tape was removed from the face, shoulders, and skirt. Besides changed lines, some of the tape had covered areas that had value tones (bricks, etc), so I used brush and ink to fill in some of these new blank spaces. I also redrew the Chinese characters one more time, making them smaller (but still legible) and put some light ink wash over the rose tattoo. The above photo shows the current state of the block. The line drawing still looks pretty much the same, just without the lighter color patches of tape. I didn't get to any cutting today, but before I left I did take the time to sharpen a few of most commonly used tools, so they will be ready to use the next time I'm in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home