Monday, November 07, 2011

Crowd In The Basement


The monthly critique group passed it's fourth birthday last month and is still as popular as ever. Fourteen participants (including one new guy), and a few observers were crowded into our space, though art also was set up in three other basement spaces. Discussion of the first few people went a bit long, so it was more like 9:30 when we finally finished.

This month's work included (above, left to right) ink drawings from Dave, digital video from Adam, Michelle's box construction, Harriet's watercolor painting, and Mary's woodcut print and miniature paintings. That's just the beginning.

Pit fired ceramic vessels from Katie (above) and figure drawings from Vince (below), hung in the narrow corridor heading back toward the cafeteria.



In the cafeteria we looked at Edy's latest exploration of her cathedral images (above), then worked our way back toward the Studio, looking at pieces in our hallway (below) from Molly (woodcut block drawing) and Jane (3 panels landscape painting).


Back inside our Studio, we saw Lisa's latest scrap plastic sculpture (candy mint), Tim's abstract painting with random text, and Jill's painting of dogs.


I closed out the night. I had brought my St Benno block to show everyone that I had changed the frog from last time, but since there really wasn't much to talk about with that one, I brought out my Bosch themed board game. When I showed it last year it wasn't yet complete, and promised I'd bring it back sometime for us to play. We did that tonight, with Harriet, Tim, and I playing. Tim and I made it to heaven, while Harriet ended up in a demon's frying pan. It's not a game for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home