Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Back to Our Scheduled Programming

Last week we had one of those rare 5th Wednesday drawing groups, and I was there to take care of some business, but I did not draw. Today we're back to our usual schedule, so I had my easel, pad, and charcoal and was ready to go.

I prefer a variety of medium length poses, but lately the group as a whole wants one long pose for the whole session, so that's what we've been doing. My solution is to move to another part of the room about halfway through the evening. My first drawing was from right in front of the model, she facing my position. I didn't do a bad job with the challenge of her nose pointing right at me, but I messed up the eyes, and no amount of fussing around could save them. For the second drawing (above) I moved about 10 feet to the left, getting more of a 3/4 view. It's not the best likeness I've ever done of this model, but at least the 45 minute drawing looks like a believable human, and it's much better than either drawing from my last time there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home