Saturday, March 03, 2012

Gimme Shelter Exhibition

Today was the opening reception for the Gimme Shelter exhibition at the Boatworks in Belmar. All the effort of the past month or so to get my house piece done was for this show. Shown above is how it looked on the wall. Below, a group of people checking out my artwork.



Had a little surprise when I got there- I was shown that my art was reproduced in a local weekly paper in an article promoting the exhibition. I'll see if I can pick up a copy early next week (not distributed in my immediate area), but until then I have this photo I took of the clipping at the gallery.

In the back room of the Boatworks were about 2 dozen works done in various recent classes and workshops. The charcoal portrait that I brought back last Wednesday sat right in the middle of other drawings from our figure group.

Plenty more images from the show can be found over on the BAC blog. The show will be up through March 23rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home