Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Back to the Usual Crowd


This past Sunday the Boatworks was packed with artists, maybe 3 dozen trying to draw from the models during the Dr. Sketchy event. Tonight things were a little closer to normal. We had a good crowd- nine artists, which is three times what we had at the last Wednesday night figure group. It was a tight squeeze, but I found room for me, my easel and my drawing board. A new model for us, though I understand that she worked last week for the BAC costumed figure group. I did two 40 minute drawings. The model was very excited by the first one (top), saying how much she loved how I drew her face. I see things as looking a little crooked. I preferred the second drawing (below). It's not without flaws, but at least things seem like they're lining better. The model did like the way I drew her back on that one- thought I had emphasized her muscles, but I was just drawing what I saw.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home