Monday, January 30, 2012

Downtown Art Party

This evening I went to Brandl, a restaurant in downtown Belmar, for something called a "Belmar Art Party". This invitation only event was put together by the Belmar Tourism Commission, for the purpose of launching the 2012 edition of Belmar Magazine, an entertainment and tourism publication. I wasn't sure what it had to do with art, but the restaurant is known for good food and is normally priced well beyond my budget, so it seemed like a good opportunity. If there's one thing all artists have, it's an instinct to seek out free hors d'oeuvres and turn them into dinner. Sure enough, I had my fill of kobe beef sliders, mini crab cakes, and crispy veggie spring rolls, while taking care of some BAC related art business. This included possible new plans for last year's mud mural at the Boatworks, and laying the groundwork for another round of woodcut classes in Belmar. Details will follow in each case when I know something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home