Thursday, January 12, 2012

Benno In Belmar

Went to the Belmar Arts Council twice today. On the day I dropped off my piece I had signed up for a gallery sitting shift for this afternoon. But when I got there I was told that the sign up sheets had been prepared in error, and that the show wouldn't be ready until tonight's Salon event, so I would not be needed.

Came back after dinner for the Salon event, where all the participating artists are invited to present their work to the assembled crowd, talking about what, why, and how, and taking questions. My piece (shown above) was hanging by the door and assigned #1 on the list, and it was decided that I'd go first. I gave people the quick version of the idea behind the whole series, and read the piece of the paragraph from Benno's entry in Butler's that inspired the print. We had 38 works in the front room, and 26 of the artists showed up to participate. Limiting each to 2 to 3 minutes (much shorter than our Studio critiques, but many more people), we got out at a reasonable hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home