Saturday, January 28, 2012

House Project part 3


A few days ago I had some time to kill between classes. Lucky for me I had stashed my new house block in my bookbag. Having thought about it for a few days, I decided to go ahead and put in railings around all stairs and walkways. As much as I didn't like that it would obscure some of the piled up stuff in my house, I decided that having no railings or bannisters might cause some viewers to concentrate more on the extremely dangerous nature of the house and less on the intended theme. As a bonus, I think the spindles hide a few of the flaws in the architectural drawing. The results of those efforts can be seen above.

Today I had time to go into the Studio and work on it some more. I made a few adjustments to the perspective, based on further observations from my second floor perch. Most of the time was spent sketching potential clutter for the house- first on paper, then on the block. At the end of the day's session, I had done what is shown above, all of it things I have moved from one house to another, or disposed of through trash or the recycling center. On the far side of the main staircase I put in an open closet revealing hanging clothes. Next to it, a frame on the wall, to filled with some artwork later. On the near side of the staircase, a filing cabinet with a drawer bursting with papers. Next to the cabinet, a desk with a somewhat out of date computer. Up on the first landing, some generic cardboard boxes. There's a good chance that I will have to redraw a lot of the individual objects, but I think the idea works. Next time I'll consider what's seen through the door on the lower level, and start adding stuff at the top level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home