Monday, February 06, 2012

Critique Time Again


Ten of our regulars convened in the Studio for the monthly critique group. One remarked that it seemed like we had just been here. Not really- although we delayed last month's a week, we had five Mondays in January, so it's been the usual 4 weeks since the last one. We're all busy artists, so almost everyone had something new to show.

Above is our opening group shot of most of the work. From left to right (bottom row), figure drawings from Vince, Harriet's light box construction, Tim's abstract figure painting, Katie's small portrait painting, TJ's abstract painting, and Lisa's plastic constructions, (top row) graphite drawings from Jane, and my house shaped block.


Some detail images- (above) the interior of Harriet's light box construction (below) Lisa's bobble middle finger- a potential dashboard accessory.



Sandy arrived a little late, but brought us the very colorful abstract painting seen above. We finished out by the cafeteria, looking at Molly's large cat rubbing, back from its recent show in Asbury Park. Several of us had seen it there, but this was a good opportunity to actually discuss it and her future plans for the piece.

When it was my turn I explained the idea behind my house project. Last time I had told the group about my plans to do it, but hadn't yet come up with my house too full of stuff concept. The group liked it. Molly liked the skewed perspective and the edge that it gives the piece, which is something I wanted. In general people liked my theme and agreed that the relatively open space worked better than my original dollhouse style composition would have. The only other suggestion that I remember was to give any potential figures very large loads to carry. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home