Thursday, July 05, 2012

Animal Spirits part 6


Holiday over, and back to work.  I thought that the 2nd proof (done Tuesday) was moving in the right direction, but not quite there.  Today I colored the 3rd proof.  A few significant differences from the others that had nothing to do with color choices- this one is on a softer paper with a warmer overall tone  (not the slick bright white paper of the first two), and this one has the additional cut sections.

As for the color, except for the new cut section at the top, the center bottle is pretty much the same.  The whiskey bottle on the right maintains the same colors, but just darker.  Same with the tequila bottle, a deeper naples yellow on the label.  The rum bottle on the left is also very much the same, except this one has the curved reflection on the left side shoulder.  Based on the online photos I had looked at, I gave it the dark brownish color seen above.  Accurate perhaps, but not very exciting.  I'm going to play with some cut paper pieces of different colors, see what some other options look like.  I have one more proof to color tomorrow, and between this one and that one, I'll choose one to submit to the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home