Friday, February 28, 2014

Belmar Business



In a development that should surprise no one at this point, a massive snowstorm is predicted to arrive in the area on Sunday and hang around through Monday.  I have nothing that I particularly need to do in the next few days, so I'm not overly concerned, but I do have some stuff planned for next weekend.  Since today was cold, but sunny and dry, I figured it would be good to take advantage of the conditions while they lasted.

Next Sunday I am scheduled to have the first meeting of the latest round of woodcut classes in Belmar. Over the years I've developed a system of having much of the supplies in tote bags, and all those bags have been home with me the past weeks, since this winter is making it difficult to get around and I had a deadline to meet on my train postcard image.  Still had some stuff in my Studio, such as the piece of birch I bought recently, and a crate full of heavier/bulkier items that will be necessary for class.  I've seen a big enough snow storm literally shut down the town of Ocean Grove for a week.  This one probably won't be that bad, but I figured since I had to get that stuff sometime this week, why not pick it up today?  So in the afternoon I did that.

On the way back I stopped in Belmar to check on a bunch of things.  The Railroad show doesn't open until mid-April, but online submission start tomorrow, and there have been many e-mails flying around as we are trying to sort out the last minute details.  I was part of that all week, and I believe all the questions are settled, but I thought it a good idea to verify that.  And I had hoped that the postcards for the show had arrived and sure enough they had- above is short stack cards I took home.  I had also wanted to check on the plan for continuing the fixing up of the Boatworks in preparation for next weekend's 10th Anniversary Juried Show reception.  Even in a year without a hurricane, that building gets a lot of abuse, so we've been using the gap between shows for repairs and repainting.  Also got an update on my class, currently at four paid students, and with a week to go more may be possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home