Monday, January 13, 2014

Almost Business as Usual



During much of the last half of last year, I spent a whole lot of time up at the Studio.  Didn't make much art; it was almost all time spent in our expanded table shop making tables.  I don't keep careful track of Molly's life, but whenever I saw her there she was doing the same thing.  I finished all my table work by the beginning of December.  I moved all my tools back to the print shop, and I put in a few hours there in December working on my Christmas cards, but between holidays, school stuff, and weather issues, I hadn't been up there yet in 2014.  Meanwhile, a week or so ago Molly called to let me know she had finished cleaning out the table shop.  Unfortunately, that meant just piling up everything in our print shop, which makes it a challenge just to walk around in there.  Molly promises to attack the problem in the coming weeks, but meanwhile we decided it was for the best to relocate tonight's crit to a bigger room.  The former table shop was big and empty, but we didn't feel like moving a bunch of chairs and tables in there, so we went with the cafeteria, like last month.

We had more than twice as many people there tonight as last month, most with something to show.  Above is our starting group.  top row (left to right): Mary G's pastel drawing, an early proof of Mary L's new 3 block woodcut, and my most recent Christmas card.  bottom row:  ceramic figures from Margery, Mary L's key block, Tim's sketchbook drawing, and two painting/photo collages from Jill.



Our other two participants tonight brought multiple pieces- all related works but meant to be seen as individual artworks.  Above, paintings/drawings on wallpaper from Christina, below, paintings from Vince.


Molly didn't bring anything new to show, but it looks like next month we'll do an on location critique to see one of her recent projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home