Friday, December 27, 2013

Still the Season



Christmas is a few days in the rear view mirror, so time for me to start working on my Christmas cards. I finished the prototype a few days ago, but now I have to make the edition- printing, trimming, coloring, writing, and mailing.  Took care of that first step today.  I have significantly fewer names on the list than when I started making these 20 years ago, so I can get away with making fewer.  I tore down enough paper today to make 18 cards.  Printing these is always tricky.  Between the hard slick paper, the lack of margin, and the very small area to hold it down while rubbing different parts of the block, a few cards are always ruined by shifting on the block.  In today's effort, I ended up with eight that were close to perfect, four that were pretty good with flaws that will by hidden in coloring, two that I'll use if I have to, and four that were rejected.  Throw in the two cards from the initial printing and I should have enough to send to everyone who has earned one.  Have to let them dry a little, but maybe I can begin coloring on the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home