Friday, November 29, 2013

Table Talk part 51



Getting really close to the end now.  I could spare a few hours in the middle of the day for the table project, so after a few morning errands I made my way to the Studio.  I had picked up some lunch on the way, but I set it aside for just a few minutes.  Moved the last two tabletops to a work table and glued the corner wedges I made a few days ago into the corners of each frame.  That's the last time for that step.  Left them to dry while I ate my lunch.


The next step was to finish assembling the last of the legs.  This just means attaching the deck post ties to each leg.  Got into a good rhythm and it went quickly.  Numbered these sets as 10 and 11.


The original plan for this project was for me to make all the parts, pre-drill the holes, and then everything would be delivered to the various destinations and be assembled on site.  However, that plan changed when a reception was arranged for the project and Molly wanted them to be displayed as completed tables.  This was good because I got confirmation that my table design would work, and because we got to see them all in one place.  Three table tops have yet to be carved, and these were the ones that got the chalkboard paint and were just displayed on top of folding tables.  However my part is now done, so you get to see how this would have worked in the original plan.  Each leg is individually coded with number and letter, so it corresponds to a specific corner.  I drilled the holes today, but the lag screws stay in the box.  The tops and legs were leaned against their respective walls in the table shop and I called it a day.  Anyone who can read should be able to take it from here.   I still would like to make a modification to the drop leaf table, but that will have to wait a few days.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home