Monday, November 18, 2013

Table Talk part 45


Getting close to our table reception, which means work has to get done.  Got to the Studio around 1 pm with a list of jobs for the day.  Molly wouldn't be in for a few hours yet, so I had to look for things I could do before her arrival.  No other table will be getting legs until after they are moved, but I figured I could install some of those corner wedges.  For example, the two Boys and Girls club tables were sitting face up on a work table, so I figured I could flip them one at a time, glue the corners into the back, and then flip them back once the glue was dry.  However, when I actually tried this I realized that these tables are a bit too large for me to do that myself.  Not so much the weight as the large size is awkward to move around and I didn't want to risk damaging the surfaces.

So time for plan B- one at a time I moved the Park Place tables, then leaning upright against a wall, and placed them face down on a work table.  I had about a dozen doubled corner wedges ready to go, and glued four of them into the four corners of each table.  I wanted to let the glue dry before moving them back to the wall, so I took advantage of this horizontal time to make more of these doubled corners.  Made eight on each table, for a total of 16, which will be enough for all the tables that we are expecting to have ready for Saturday's event.


That was when Molly arrived.  We went over our work plans for the rest of the week.  While she was there we moved those two large tables, leaning them upright, side by side, against a wall.  This is the first chance we've had to see them like this since they were just line sketches.  Molly's plan was to continue pouring tonight and again in a few days, and we're going to get help from our building to move these tops upstairs.  In a few days I'll be back there, carrying all the prepared legs and hardware up to the first floor and continuing the process there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home