Thursday, October 31, 2013

Table Talk part 39




I spoke to Molly by phone yesterday, seeking updates on the schedule for the table project.  I knew there was a plan to hold a grand unveiling/reception in our building toward the end of November, but now I learned that we can move them up to the first floor as soon as they are done, for a longer exposure.  She figures to finally start pouring the tops next week, so wants me to finish anything dusty by this weekend.  Perhaps we'll have some on display by this time next week.

Luckily I am nearing the end of my part of this job.  At the start of the day there were still two tables that hadn't yet been started, the two tables added to the Asbury music heritage order.  The plywood arrived last week and this week I brought the 2x4's and screws.  I could spare two hours today before class, so I got to work.  First I cut the eight 30" pieces of wood (above) for the two table frames and sanded what will be the outsides of the frames.  Then I put them together into two four sided frames (below), breaking open a newly purchased box of screws to finish the job.  Cleaned up the sawdust and got on my way.


I'll continue the process on Saturday, attaching the square plywood tops to these frames,  and finishing the sanding of table legs, three sets to go.  Other than making the supports for the folding leaves on the round table (which will have to wait until after it's poured), all that's left is driving screws, which generates almost no sawdust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home