Monday, October 28, 2013

Table Talk part 38



Got a long list of morning errands completed in a reasonable time, so I was able to go forward with my plans to shop for table materials in the afternoon.  Before taking off I went over my notes one more time, to make sure of exactly what I'd need.  My part of this whole project is getting near the end.  I have to build two more frames for a pair of tables, each a three foot square, and of course attach them to a plywood top.  All of the legs have been cut, but three sets still need sanding, which I put off at Molly's request to finish attaching tops to frames, which needs to be done before the surfaces can be poured.  And I'm not going to sand anything right now, both because all the work tables are full and because that dust could be a problem for Molly's poured surfaces.  Today's purchases included 2"x4"s for frames, assorted screws, more wood filler, and hinges for the drop leaf table.  I'll need to get a few more things, but today's haul will keep me busy for my next bunch of table sessions.  My next stop was the Studio, just to drop off the stuff I had bought.

Molly was working there over the weekend, continuing the painting of the above piece, which will be low like a coffee table.  Since last Saturday a whole lot of military equipment has showed up in the composition (had been just the two heads before), which I believe is part of a Greatest Generation theme.  I took a couple of minutes to fill in the recessed screw holes in the table top with some wood filler, which almost completely blended in to the chosen colors, though I expect she'll touch those up as she continues the painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home