Saturday, October 12, 2013

Table Talk part 31



When I arrived at the Studio today I found Molly already in the table shop, doing some last minute sanding and preparing to do some painting on some tabletops.  I could have continued my sanding of table legs, but that would create a lot of noise and a bit of dust, both of which would have made it more difficult for Molly's plans.  So instead I went with another thing I needed to do, attaching more of the deck ties to the 4x4 legs, while Molly worked on painting.


This isn't too difficult.  I use one to measure space from the top end of the leg, a second one to mark holes.  Quick nail strikes to create pilot holes for the small screws, then three screws to hold the three sided deck tie to the leg.  I completed three more sets of legs, bringing the total of completed legs to six tables' worth.  That was it for the day, since I was out of the small screws.  How soon I continue with this task depends on whether Molly puts them on the next order or just has me buy a box and get reimbursed.  I have other things I can do before either option is chosen, so I'm not going to worry about it for a few days.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home