Saturday, October 05, 2013

Table Talk part 28



Haven't seen Molly for a few days, so I don't know what the timetables are for some of the tables.  I do know that I had sanded the legs for the first three that she had me assemble tops and frames, so I decided to take a little time to work on those twelve legs.  For each table I assembled the four, measuring the location for the deck tie, and attaching it with three small screws.  I also went ahead and numbered each set, which will be important when it's time for final assembly.  There will likely be slight variations in each corner mount, and this is part of the plan to make sure each leg goes to the corner and table it was measured for.  With those done, I put everything away, took a walk up to the beach to gather some things I can use for class this week, then headed home.


I wasn't home for very long when I got back in the car and drove to Belmar to see the new Masquerade show at the Boatworks.  I participate in a lot of shows there, but I had nothing in stock that fit the theme, and definitely no time these days to create something new for the occasion.  However, woodcut was represented.  Mary Lane, friend of the Studio for both my woodcut class and our monthly critique, submitted a color woodcut to the show of art inspired by the mystery of the mask.  I'm happy for her to be in this show, which turned out to be better than I expected, and it can't hurt in promoting my upcoming woodcut class.  The Masquerade show is on display Wed to Sunday, 1 to 5 pm, through Novmeber 8th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home