Thursday, October 17, 2013

Table Talk part 34



I had a little time to spare in the afternoon today, so I went up to the Studio to pick up where I had left off yesterday with those big square tables for the JSAC.  Glued and screwed the last of the three, then applied wood filler to the recessed screw holes on the table surface of all three tables in the set.  (those brownish spots seen around the perimeter in the above table)  The filler will dry a little lighter, and when I sand it down it will barely be seen (and when Molly paints over it you won't see evidence of the holes at all).

My time there overlapped with Molly, who was continuing the painting of her Boys and Girls club pair of tables, shown in the upper right corner of the above photo.  It's hard to get a good shot of them while they are laying down like that, but even here we can see how much they've changed since Molly finished the basic sketch and showed it at the last critique about 10 days ago.  I still have to attach the frames to those tables, but that will wait until Monday, when we'll both be in the Studio again.  That will give her more time for painting (and that paint drying), but also that way she can give me a hand with the positioning and flipping as I'm dealing with the frames. The process will be the same as the half dozen I've done already, but these two tables are significantly larger and heavier, more awkward to move by myself.  If I can get into the Studio before than, I have other things to keep me busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home