Saturday, November 02, 2013

Table Talk part 40



Back to the Studio again today, with the end of this project coming near.  I decided to continue the assembly of the two square tables, the frames I had worked on last time.  I've been through this part of the process several times now, so no surprises today.  I attached the plywood pieces to my frames, each held in place with wood glue and 8 long screws.  The last step today was to put each tabletop face down, and then I used the belt sander to smooth out the underside of the frame.  This will all get a coat of primer on it, but this will make it go on smoother.  That closes out the step of assembling tabletops for this project.


Originally I had thought I'd also do some more sanding of table legs, as I have three more sets cut but not yet sanded.  However, I knew that my father wanted me to mow his lawn today, and usable daylight would be ending soon.  And then I realized that these three sets of table legs corresponded to the three square tabletops, none of which have been even sketched (I mean, I just put two together) much less carved.  Therefore, if she's going to start pouring tops early next week, these square tables aren't part of that first group.  So whether she starts working on these next week or moves on to pouring what's already carved and painted, I have a little time to finish those legs.  I hope to squeeze in a few hours up there tomorrow and/or Monday, but if I don't, it looks like we'll be ok anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home