Thursday, November 14, 2013

Table Talk part 43



I spoke to Molly by phone yesterday and she told me that she hoped to pour some more tabletops today, probably around mid-day, so if I was planning to come in and work, I'd need to get there early.  The resin she uses is not something you want to breathe a lot of.  So this morning I got up at a decent hour and was just getting into my car when the phone rang.  It was Molly telling me she was about to pour, so I probably wouldn't want to come in and use the Studio.  So instead I figured I'd take care of some errands in the Neptune/Ocean Township area (including buying a little more wood for this project) and end up at our building later.  Pulled into the lot around noon and saw Molly's car still there.  It took me four trips to unload all the print supplies from last night's class in Belmar, but I still had time to get some action photos of Molly at work on the project.  Above, mixing the epoxy type resin, below, pouring it on one of the table surfaces.




Once the resin is poured, she spreads it out while it's still liquid, covering the whole surface.  After that, the blowtorch is used to improve some bits of the resin surface.


The photos taken, I got out as quickly as possible.  (she's not wearing that mask for nothing)  I should be able to go in over the weekend and continue adding the legs to some of these tables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home