Thursday, November 21, 2013

Table Talk part 47



Our reception deadline is fast approaching and Molly is getting everyone working on the project.  Even our benefactors at Arts Horizons (the people funding this project) are popping by to lend a hand.


One of the tables that Molly poured last night will have to be redone, but that still left two tables ready for final assembly.  She took a break from working on the cafe tables to help me bring the two tops (from the JSAC project) upstairs to our main hallway assembly area.  (Molly was working in the cafeteria today-we are just all over this building)  I had one last set of fully finished legs.  Plenty of cut, sanded and stained legs as well, but without the deck ties already attached, so I had to do that this afternoon for four legs.  After that it was pretty much the same as yesterday.


After I was done cleaning and putting away my tools and supplies Molly came upstairs to help me put the tables up on their new legs.  The two newest ones still need their frames and other trim painted, but I think she has someone lined up to help with that tomorrow.  Above and below you can see all the finished ones, pushed against the walls to keep them out of the way of the many people who regularly use the building.


By the way, the phone interview I did yesterday while attaching table legs turned out to be for the Asbury Park Sun, an online publication.  The story was up by last night.  Gives some nice information about the project, includes a couple of familiar photos, and the author even managed to find a good coherent quote from whatever ramblings I had given her.  The article can be found on their home page, and based on other listed articles, should be there for at least a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home