Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas is Coming Closer


After another Tuesday of driving around North Jersey in a snowstorm, I had a relatively simple day.  Lots to do, but easier stuff.  I had a block of time around the middle of the day, so I went up to the Studio to pull a few proofs of my new Christmas card block.  When I do the big print run I start with full size sheets of Bristol board, which I can tear down into a dozen pieces the size I need for the folding card.  I think that the sheets I had got used early in the fall making example pieces for my 3D Design class, so all I have in stock right now is a 9"x12" pad.  I took two of those pieces, tore each into two pieces- one for a folded card, and a smaller piece for just a flat test proof.  I pulled four proofs this way, all nice and clean.  Packed them for the trip home, and brought my watercolors as well.  Over the weekend I will try some coloring, and with four prints to work with, I'm sure I'll get at least one suitable BAT.  At the college I teach at the next few days I can get some suitable printing paper and do the larger edition early in the week.  They won't go out until after Christmas, but people are used to that by now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home